October 26, 2007

When my mother put her foot through the wall

When I was in 2nd grade I got pink eye three times. It was awful. Whenever one of my friends who has a kid with pink eye, I stay far away because I never want to go through that again.

Every night I my mother would put these eye drops in my eyes and they made my eyes sting. When I awoke in the morning, my eyes would be sealed shut with some horrible brown crusty stuff. Opening my eyes was very painful because my eyelashes would be pulled out as I was trying to open them.

Eventually I refused the eyedrops and my mother would have to pin me down with her knees and she’d try to get the eyedrops in my eyes, but I would move at the last minute or just close my eyes tightly. She became very frustrated because it was talking a long time and the eyedrop medicine was very expensive. She’d scream and yell at me to stay still and open my eyes, but she was never able to get the drops in my eyes. She got so mad that she got up and put her bare foot through the wall. After she did that, I stayed still and let her put the drops in my eyes.

We had to hide the hole in the wall from my father, which was easy to do because he was never very observant and the hole was behind my bedroom door. My father never beat us or anything like that, he just would get so angry and follow you around the house, yelling, so my mother and I were always trying to avoid having to go thorough that.

I have a problem with anger too. Someone once told me I should do “anger exercises”, but I don’t like to exercise. Sometimes anger is the only thing that wakes me up and the only time I’m in the moment.

Today’s song is by Eurythmics with “You Have Placed A Chill in my Heart” This is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard. It fits the angry mood. It was released as a single in 1988. I used to have the 12” single. I love Annie Lennox’s voice. Is there anyone still singing like this? I mean, besides Annie.

I am posting three versions and the video.

Eurythmics- You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart (chill mix)
This is the hard to find single version.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4478156bc23c8d


Eurythmics- You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart (dance mix)
This is the extended dance mix
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4478057cc9a3f2

Eurythmics- You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart (acoustic)
this is the acoustic and very passionate version.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4478022c0d412d

Here’s the video, one of my favorites.

No comments: