September 21, 2007

The Last Station Home

It took me over two hours to get home, driving in the LA traffic in the rain. I tried so many different ways to get home. I really wanted to buy a pillow, but by the time I got close to a store with pillows, it was closed, so now I will sleep on the hard pillow I have…until tomorrow.

I was feeling bad. I feel bad a lot. I think maybe I’m broken in a way I don’t yet understand.

After this long day, a day when work did not relate to anything and I was angry, I received in the mail a CD from Toni Childs. As I’ve mentioned before Toni Childs is one of my all time favorites. I donated to a cause she believes in and she sent me her new CD and a personalized note. My name is also in the liner notes of the CD.

I’m listening to the new CD right now. It’s called “Keep the Faith”. It’s not even in stores yet. I waited a long time for new music from Toni (13 years). It was worth the wait. She always helps me. I would post a song from her new album, but I don’t know it that well yet. I do like it though.

Her first album “Union” from 1988 is one of my favorite albums of all time. I love everything about it. A song from it “Let the Rain Come Down” came to mind today. It’s an old favorite uplifting song. It’s all about Toni’s voice for me. No one sings like her.

Let The Rain Come Down:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3782921bb66986

I’m also posting the song “Zimbabwae” also from her "Union" album. It's a beautiful song.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/37829577d337bf

Please visit Toni’s website at www.tonichilds.com and her myspace which is located at www.myspace.com/thetonichilds. You can listen to songs from her new album and send Toni a message.

No comments: