September 15, 2007

Gentiles, don’t go away.

Tonight I went to a gay Jew Rosh Hashanah dinner. It was ok. I was hoping I would fit in with the gay Jews, but like usual I don’t, but who does? It’s kind of high pressure.

There are two guys I like in this group, one that I moved here for the other I went with to the Hollywood Bowl. There’s a third guy, but if I have sex with him, I’d feel stupid afterwards so I have to stay away.

Going to this dinner sure beats have Rosh Hashanah dinner with my family. My uncle (by marriage) is some kind of severe rabbi so everything takes so long. The dinner goes on and on.

The memory…the thing I was thinking about today happened when I was 13. My girlfriend, Heidi (you remember her from a previous entry) wanted to have sex, so I went to the gas station to buy some condoms. This was 20 years ago during my favorite summer, the summer of 1987. The clerk refused to sell them to me because he said I was too young. I told him he’d have to pay for the baby or the abortion as I left.

Things have changed in the last 20 years. I think now they would sell condoms to a 13 year-old. Wouldn’t they?

Heidi and I did fool around, but without the condom. Then she thought she was pregnant, but she wasn’t, she was just dramatic.

Today’s song is “Makin’ Whoopie” by the Barry Sisters, known as the Yiddish Andrew Sisters. This song is partly in Yiddish, the most romantic language ever, especially when it’s sung. Please gentiles don’t go away just because I threw a Jew thing at you. Stay with me, goyim!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3658673ad711d2

No comments: