September 28, 2007

Stealing a purple robe.

Years ago, my mother and I went to a friend’s church. Yes we’re Jews, but my mother loves church choirs, especially if some black people are going to sing, so we went to this church to see a choir sing. The choir was wearing very vibrant purple robes. My mother loved the robes so she decided she wanted to have one.

After the church service, my mother went upstairs and stole one of the purple robes. She told me we had to leave right now because she stole a robe and she couldn’t wait to get home and try it on.

She also once stole a pair of sunglasses from JC Penny’s and we always stole chicken from Old Country Buffet. She’d bring one of her old purses and we’d line the purse with napkins and steal as much chicken and desserts as we could. We weren’t poor (oh, please!) she just liked to get free things and plus she said I didn’t eat much at the buffet so she was making up the difference by taking the chicken and desserts.

The song for today is Jane Siberry with kd lang singing “Calling All Angels” from her 1993 album “When I Was a Boy”, which is a great album from start to finish. The song has also been sung at the end of an episode of one of my favorite shows “Six Feet Under”. You can view this scene at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUaXa--g900

I love this song and it always helps me in so many ways.

The wonderful Jane Siberry with kd lang—Calling All Angels
http://www.zshare.net/audio/39103127d05da3

No comments: